Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Long Day

11:55 pm and I can feel the blood receding from my limbs as I type this. Just returned home from the coast with a volunteer and friend, Minda, who joined me on this evening's venture to Cannon Beach. I try to stick my toes in the sand with each trip but though the drive out was sunny and majestic, once we hit the coast it was rain rain rain. We stopped in a fireside cafe for seafood and a porter, took the excuse to eat slow and be 20 minutes late to the meeting.

It's true that I've recently renewed my vows with punctuality, but sometimes it feels good to be intentionally late.

Maybe I felt that freedom because of this donut I saw this morning.



It was, after all, a damn good Tuesday. Even had Thai food for lunch, what a treat. <3.

No comments:

Post a Comment