Wednesday, December 8, 2010

vicariously.

Through others travels, I feel fulfilled. Through their pictures, I gain a greater context of world, beauty, adventure. Though I'm loving the idea of being planted, growing roots, knowing my neighborhood, not being constantly lost, buying bulk food, etc... the world can start to feel small if you're not careful.

My girl Sarah just got back from an almost two month escapade to South America where she worked on a biointensive farm and fell in love with a whole new neck of the woods. Her photography is incredible and worth checking out. She climbed a big mountain, watched the birth of baby goats!, learned to live off the land, took the crazy bus rides, and at least tripled her already well traveled photography collection. All by herself.

Derek's sister, Jessica, went to Peru awhile back with the intention of only staying for a few months and like a true warrior, hasn't come back. I recently saw her pictures and must share and repost these.

No comments:

Post a Comment